09 March 2010

Canada Reads Some More: Day 2

I managed to avoid CR spoilers today, mostly because no one that I interact with really cares.  But I care!

Oh! No! The defender of Fall On Your Knees totally just brought up a major plot point that I'd forgotten! Sucky. That, combined with her anti-fish comments yesterday, is doing nothing to endear her to me.

Interesting question: which character (of all the books) will you remember the longest? That's a hard one, and so far I kind of agree with everyone's - except for the one who picked a character from Jade Peony. And I hadn't thought of the connection between Nikolski  & Generation X before - that's pretty insighful.

Sadly, I think Generation X may be first to go. So unfair. The vote is coming up - I'm getting nervous.

Wait - what? We have to wait until tomorrow to find out what got voted off? So cruel.

2 comments:

Deb said...

You'll also note that the person who went for the Jade Peony character had the character wrong...so really, how memorable a character was it?! :-)

And I'm sorry for you on the first book to go; although, I really have to say that I totally agree with the panelists on that one. Sorry.

Ellie Fish said...

Well, I see where they were coming from in how they voted, but I don't agree with them. The book they voted off is revolutionary, groundbreaking, it coined phrases. Good to A Fault (which will likely be the next to go) is not even comparable. I totally feel Cadence's pain.