15 June 2011

Second Period

Oh - no! I don't want to watch Don Cherry. Sweet Jesus. What is he wearing? I know, I know this is his thing, this is what he does: he's Canada's Elton John circa 1980s. But...this? Is awful.

It sounds like this Thomas guy is really good. Maybe I should be cheering for him. I find the commentary hardest to follow when they use other sports metaphors in their hockey commentary.

Do Vancouver homes have bomb shelters? I think people are going to need them tonight after the 'nucks lose and civilization collapses.Maybe it doesn't translate well to my tiny computer screen, but shouldn't the audience be more batshit crazy with excitement?  Shouldn't giant, beer-bellied grown men be overcome by hysteria in the aisles?  Shouldn't they be weeping with joy just for being this close to a Cup? Or, like me, have they already given up?

Did that Bruin dude just squirt "home" water on the ice? Surely they aren't allowed just to pour water on the ice? 

Bruins are leading by 2 now. I'm starting to get tired, I probably won't last much longer. The Bruins seem good - why didn't they win this series before now? Although, it looks like the Canucks are trying now.  Not that it's going to matter, the Bruins are leading by 3 now...

No comments: