01 July 2008

July?!

I'm trying not to focus on sad thoughts, like, "a month ago I was at the cabin." Instead I try to think, "the X-Files movie is only 24 days away!" And yesterday, I came across this, which only makes me more excited to see the movie. Chris Carter has apparently come up with a list of 8 XF episodes that are "the perfect grounding" for seeing the movie. It's so damn encouraging that the list is a pretty accurate reflection of some of the best episodes they ever made (and I know that most (all?) of you won't know the episode titles, but I don't care):
  1. The Pilot
  2. Beyond the Sea
  3. The Host
  4. Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
  5. Memento Mori
  6. Post-Modern Prometheus
  7. Bad Blood
  8. Milagro

You can also buy a DVD of just these episodes. How convenient! Apparently on the DVD Carter explains why he chose those episodes in particular, as being good grounding for the movie. I will likely never buy this, but I really want to hear why The Host is on the list and not Home. And why Bad Blood over Small Potatoes? I could go on, but maybe I shouldn't. I will say it's a little odd that the last 3 seasons are not on the list. That doesn't bode well for them explaining the whole William situation. Damn you, Chris Carter.

No comments: