- something I've never thought about: zooplankton scatology
- zooplankton geek humour: calling virtual copepods in computer models "compupods"
- I've never been to a conference where people take pictures of the screen during presentations. Not of the presenter and the screen, just the screen. Is that because they're too lazy to take notes?
- I dislike when the session heads don't enforce the time limits. Also, if we're running 3 minutes late, we don't have time for questions! Especially questions from scientists, who can't ask a question unless it's prefaced with a story.
- I have no idea what this talk is about
- The Spanish version of web browsers and powerpoint and such are really disorienting because the look and format are familiar but the Spanish is so foreign (to me).
- Ew, some guy in the audience is chewing on his middle finger
- Think of the pteropods!
- I don't know much about krill developmental stages, but one of the early nauplii stages looks a lot like a mite
30 March 2011
During the conference talks, if something struck me as relevant or even just interesting, I would take notes. Sometimes if a talk was boring, I'd also take notes. Here are some examples of the quality notes I take: