04 April 2009

Greg v. Shaun

About a month ago, I had dinner at Darrell's with Alej. It was the night of the Great Big Sea concert, which I still haven't written about, but I've been meaning to. Darrell's is home of the, I kid you not, peanut butter burger. They say it's good. They may be crazy. I didn't have it. Anyway, when we walked in, there was this older, unwashed-looking gentleman in a booth facing the door, and he looked so familiar. By the time we sat down, I had placed him: Greg Thomey from This Hour Has 22 Minutes. Pretty cool, eh? I now have two squares filled-in on my 22 Minutes Bingo Card (I saw Mercer once, years ago).

Of course, my sister-in-law had to go one-up me. Two days after my sighting of Thomey, she went to the taping of a CBC radio show and Shaun Majumder was there. Not only did she see him, but during one of the breaks she went up to talk to him and shook his hand. I'm so jealous. Majumder totally trumps Thomey. I mean, Majumder knows Kiefer Sutherland. Poor Greg just can't compete.


1 comment:

Deb said...

I saw Rick Mercer at my corner coffee shop last week. But, I didn't talk to him or shake his hand or anything. So, really, my story is pretty anti-climactic. But it was still cool.