05 March 2009

Mom weighs in on NLOTH; Tim Horton screws me around again

My mom (also a U2 fan, though probably not as insane as myself) has finally heard the new album and has this to say: "I listened to No Line On The Horizon this morning, and it's such a comforting thing to have new U2 out. I love the new direction they're taking, all introspective and poetic and Elvis Costello, without losing their own identity. The riffs and sounds are very recognizable." I totally agree with her comment that it's comforting having a new U2, there really is something comforting about it, like an audible hug.

So, it's been Rrroll Up The Rrrim for over a week now, and I've only lost once. Of course, I've only played once, so that's a 100% loss rate. The thing is, I don't have much opportunity to get to Tim's nowadays. Since I don't really work, it's not as if I really need a Tim's fix during the day. It's more of a treat now than a necessity. This is bad, in that it lowers my chances of winning, but good in that it decresses my annual existential dilemma in which my material-self battles it out with my ecologist-self over whether the chance of winning something is worth more to me than the benefits of using a travel mug. It's fair to say that my material-self ususally wins.

If you didn't know, you can enter online for daily draws to win free coffee for a year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how difficult it becomes to take part in Roll up the Rim when you're not in school (or working near a Timmy's). I haven't had a chance to play again at all this year...yet. But, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I'll leave a little early for work today and make a stop on the way. :-)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Have you seen this promotion? http://www.countrystyle.com/
You can take your losing, play again, Roll up the Rim tabs from Tim's to Country style and redeem them for free medium coffee there.

Ellie Fish said...

That's awesome! They're going to be giving out a whole damn lot of coffee!

L