08 August 2008

SYTYCD

Joshua won and I totally called it. I’m usually way off guessing who will be eliminated, but for once I was right. I think Katee [sic] should have won, she was consistently the best dancer – I think – but I figured people would like Joshua (or, as Cat Deely would say, “Joshuer”) more. After all, it’s a competition to be America’s Favourite, not its Best.

I’ve been annoyed with the Judges of late, though. Ever since they stopped having any say in who stays or goes, their judging has become little more than flattery and, at times, undeserving praise. Katee & Joshuer could have tortured cats to music and Nigel would tell them, “That was very entertaining! Thank you!” and Mary (*shudder*), she would just stand up and scream for a good 6 seconds while people’s ears started to bleed. Then the guest judge would talk about how “street” that routine was, or about how much she loves the performers and how beautiful the cat-torture was and how it took the show to a whole other level, or how they just rode the subway car of Self-Awareness and transferred to the busline of Expression before getting off in Awesome Town. All the while, the performers would be panting and nodding while cats mewed in the background.

My point is that it was nice the few times the judges actually offered something constructive other than, “You’re beautiful and that routine was fun!”

I’m not sure what I’ll watch at night when I want to relax, now that this show is over. This and Burn Notice are the only new programming I’ve been watching this summer. Of course, according to the back-to-school commercials, summer is almost over. It makes sense, since the sudden nice weather we’ve been having here feels like Summer’s hot, humid, dying breath.

Also, today is Edge's birthday. Happy Birthday, The Edge!

No comments: