21 May 2008

What was my subconscious thinking?

I had a dream about Jeopardy! last night. I've always liked dreaming about TV, it's just like getting a new episode of my favourite show(s), even if it is a nonsensical episode in which I sometimes happen to be starring. Another thing I like about TV dreams is that it's like multi-tasking for the extremely lazy. "You mean there's a way I can sleep AND watch TV?! I'm sold!"

In the dream, it was Celebrity Jeopardy! and they were filming on location somewhere sunny. I don't know who all the "celebrities" were, but one of them was Santa Claus. I only remember one question, and it was the kind that has a music clip to accompany Alex's text. Except they played the clip first and instead of reading the clue, Alex started rocking out to the music and doing the DJ-scratching motion with his hands. One of the contestants - not Santa - buzzed in and guessed "Martin Luther King, Jr.," but s/he was wrong. I remember thinking that guessing MLK when you don't really know the answer is a good strategy for Jeopardy!.

On a somewhat related topic, [in real life] I wonder if Alex gets as frustrated as I do when the contenstants can't answer the questions about Canada. Does he ever just want to throw his hands in the air and shout, "Come on! The Bay of Fundy National Park is in New Brunswick! Everybody knows that!"

No comments: