15 February 2007

Well played, Winter. Well played indeed.

I was thanking the PTB the other day that cold isn’t a cumulative property. Can you imagine if it was? Imagine on Monday it’s -22 and on Tuesday it’s -23, but it would feel like -45. The horror.

I must say that the cold has been getting to me. I love winter, and I like the cold. I don’t like the freezing cold. I don’t like when my skin aches from the wind and when I shiver convulsively in my basement apartment watching TV at night. I was getting so disgruntled I think if we’d had one more day with a wind chill below -30 I just wasn’t going to leave my bed. Then Winter made amends and raised the temperature all the way to 0. What a sweetheart, eh? Just when you’re ready to give up on Winter altogether it goes and does something sweet and thoughtful like that and you run right back into it’s arms. It’s like….Battered Canadian Syndrome or something. It won’t be long before Winter will be back to it’s old -30 ways, hitting us with blizzards and dropping temperatures. But until that day I will love it with all my heart.

Before I go, I want to send a shout out to Cricket in honour of the miraculous event of the anniversary of her birth. Twenty-six years ago she flew from her mother and the world has never been the same, and will likely never recover. Like, in a good way.





2 comments:

Annie said...

I guess I have to stop complaining, it drop below 20 last night and I was so cold. Today it is in the low 20s and I'm cold again, but considering it is a whooping 40 degrees warmer here - no complaints

Anonymous said...

Wow, that person has a great butt; even in jogging pants!