12 February 2007

Ah, family

The following is an email I sent to my [eldest] brother telling him about a dream I had.

You were in my dream the other night, and I thought I'd tell you about it. We were living in a slum apartment. We were each sitting on a couch, they were brown and covered in a corduroy-like material (like the couch mom and dad have). I was sitting on the arm of my couch because I was afraid there was rats under the cushions. I had good reason to be scared because there were rats all over the floor. I was cooking chicken in a little microwave, but it was too close to a hotplate and the side of the microwave melted away. You took my chicken and threw it out the window. I got mad, because that was my dinner. You offered to slaughter our goat so I could eat that, but I said we had already killed two ungulates that day and we should leave the goat alone.

His reply:

You've always been soft on the ungulates, if you ask me.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Thank-you I needed a good chuckle today.