06 February 2007

72 hours

This morning my local weather forecast was brought to me by the Government of Canada’s 72 hours campaign. You know, the one that says you need to be able to care for yourself and your family for at least 72 hours in the event of a major disaster. Apparently, it will take the military and other emergency teams 3 days to respond to whatever calamity may befall us. I wonder if the US’s incompetent handling of the Katrina disaster is the Government’s impetus for this campaign. Now, if Vancouver is wiped out by a tsunami the people of BC will be able to take care of themselves long enough to be airlifted out, thus saving the Government from international scrutiny and criticism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning L!! I just hope I'm not here when it happens... =0P