24 November 2006

Nostradamean

It’s -31 degrees Celsius with the wind-chill this morning. Not really the best weather in which to walk 30 minutes to school. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, the elevators are out in my building so I had to walk up to my 10th floor office in all my winter-clothing layers. Until the elevators are fixed, I’m not venturing more than 2 floors from my office. It’s just not worth it.

The Bunny Scale has been tested and proven true!!

Incident 1: Yesterday the people working on my research project (FIESTA) had to go down to Rocky Mountain House to give a presentation on our work this past summer. We had to leave the city around 7am to make it to RMH in time for our 10am meeting. We had agreed to meet at Cricket’s house and on the walk over, I saw two bunnies. I took it as an omen that the day would be good. And it was! The presentation went well. Cricket had the hardest task because she spoke first and had to do the introductory material as well as her own material. She handled it well and set the bar high for the rest of us. I went second, probably spoke too fast, and lowered that bar just enough so that Justin could have given a tirade to rival Michael Richards and the audience would have given a standing ovation. The rest of our meeting in RMH went really well, so over-all it was a good day, as predicted by the Bunny Scale.

Incident 2: Today, walking to school I saw one bunny and lo and behold, Cricket brought cookies to school today for our lab meeting. So, despite the fact that the elevators aren’t working, it’s still going to be a better than average day.

No comments: