10 April 2007

Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred

I had a dream this morning. It occurred in the space of time between my alarm going off and me getting up. Since this period averages 60 minutes, it’s plenty of time for another REM cycle. In the dream I was living at my parent’s house in Grafton. I had acquired two large aquaria. One held some fish – I didn’t actually see the fish, but I knew they were there. The other was more of a terrarium and contained two miniature wallabies. I actually don’t know how large wallabies are in real life, but I assume they’re larger than what I had in the tank. At one point I went to look at them, and I saw that my cats (dream cats, I don’t have real-life cats) had eaten them. Except they hadn’t eaten everything, so there were still little wallaby corpses in the tank. It was awful. In the dream, I told my father that the cats had eaten my wallabies, and he said that cats will do that. As if there was some axiom that, given the opportunity, cats will eat wallabies.


The worst part of the dream, other than the waking-up sad part, is that I’ve had Tie Me Kangaroo Down stuck in my head all morning, particularly the part about the “wallaby's feed.”


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That’s too bad about the wallabies. Okay, let us turn this bad news into good news. Now that the terrarium is empty, you can put some frogs in it! Well, if you can start-up the dream again!