04 July 2009

Great night, eh?

The last time I saw Joel Plaskett, just over a month ago, it was a fairly intimate, acoustic affair. And when I heard he would be playing on Canada Day at the Dartmouth ferry terminal, I was beyond excited. Because this was a Canada Day show, in his home town no less, I expected something bigger. I was not disappointed.
He played a good mix of new stuff and old. And the audience, for the most part, seemed like big fans of his work and sang along with gusto. Since it was a free concert, meters from the beer tent, there were people who could barely stand, or control their urges to rush the stage. Some idiot jumped on stage, and was hauled off, no less than 4 times. By the end of the concert, security gave up and he sat on the stage and watched the fireworks with the band.


The fireworks were surprisingly short, I heard on the radio the next morning that they were only 8 minutes long. I didn't care, though, because I finally got a JP autograph to go with my picture:

I wonder if I have the foritude to become a proper stalker? Perhaps I should hang around the Commons next week when he opens for McCartney?

(I can't take credit for the pictures, so thanks to the photographer!)

No comments: