17 September 2008

Recreational Use of Deadly Weapons Fun: Experts

This past weekend I tried out archery. It was pretty damn sweet - although I kind of suck. I ended the 2h-long combined lesson and tournament with 75 points. Out of a potential 240. That's 31%. My arch[ery] nemesis Ozzy kicked my beginner butt with an Olympic-qualifying 81 points (3% better than me). I'm pretty sure anything I can do, Oz can do better.

One of the best parts about archery is the sound. (Oddly enough, one of my favourite things about badminton is also the sound). It's such a satisfying sound. I used to have this CD that had the archery sound-effects from Robin Hood: Price of Thieves on it. Archery also reminded me of the character Kevin, in the book We Need to Talk About Kevin, as well as Daniel Day-Lewis' character in Last of the Mohicans - which is odd, because I think that character was really good with a gun, not a bow.

No comments: